Special legislative processes for budget bills, which may include restrictions on proposal, approval, or amendment. Budget bills refer to legislation that lays out the revenues and expenditures for some period of time, usually in years.
- Who initiates budget bills?
- Who approves budget bills?
- Are there any special limits placed on amendments to budget bills?
- What is the default budget if a new budget is not passed by the end of the previous fiscal year?
- Does the constitution specify that the budget must be balanced?
- What are the details for the process to pass budget bills?